Thursday, August 29, 2013

Me

My name is Lillian (occasionally misspelled as Lilian or Lilyann) Hua (commonly mispronounced as Hoo-ah, Hue-ah, Hurrah, Ha, Hue, Huaaaaaaaaaaa! [insert karate chop], etc.) and I made this blog and am writing this post about myself because my English teacher told us to.

The truth is that I never know what to put down when I'm prompted to "tell [you] about [my]self". Do I write that I'm an ackie at Whitney Young High School who's officially one-third done with her time here but is already sick of the school? Do I mention that at the time of writing this that I am also literally sick?


I'm not sure where the part that I say that I've been a swimmer for about half my life goes, but it's probably somewhere after the initial introduction. If I mention that, then I might also bring up that I ran cross-country and track during seventh and eighth grade, and never knew before then that you could drown in air. If I feel like poking a bit of fun at myself, then I could also mention that I don't have much ball coordination at all and that, for a swimmer, I ironically don't have much upper body strength.


I could also include other stuff that I do—for example, supporting certain stereotypes by having practiced piano for a very long time. There's also the bit about being a practitioner of the ancient art that is glowsticking 
(read: swinging glowsticks around on shoelaces), loving Disney movies, being a bit of an audiophile, and also not knowing how to register service hours. 


But that's all hypothetical. Now to get to writing about myself...oh. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment